What I do is I start detangling from the bottom up. I'll hold my hair still a few inches up with one hand, that way when I detangle the bottom it won't tug on the roots and pull out hairseseses. . . then I just rake very gently with my other fingers and when I hit a knot I first rinse with water and then add extra conditioner, teasing the knot with the tips of my figners and plucking it (I guess you could say "pick") so that I can unravel it very, very gently. Once I've sufficiently detangled the first bottom few inches of my hair I work my way up. Same process. I try to finger detangle every time. And my favorite conditioner for slip is trader joes tea tree tingle. I mix it with more moisturizing conditioners though bc I have very thirsty porous hair. I also recommend boiling some marshmallow root and adding it to your conditioner (the same day preferably, in a small bowl--just mix!) if you want and/or need some super slip.
Originally Posted by dusalocks
WATER seems to be the clue I am stupidly not trying. I turn the water off when I begin detangling because it takes me so long. I am going to use water! I wrote the TJ and MR down and kept a special note of it so when I can financially, I am going to try these two out. thanks!
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls