Darn it, I received my Botanical Spirits purée today and I didn't realize it was a jelly/ pudding. I guess I was expecting it to be more liquidy like SS CEJ or okra gel (I really like the gooey stuff).

I hope this one is better for me than coil jam, which is the same consistency... Unless I'm not using coil jam correctly, it seems to give my hair almost a dull finish and flakes on me.

Any other enhances that are gooey?

I think I'll have to continue experimenting with jellies- they just seem hit or miss for me. I wish I loved the CK CJ because of all my products, I heart the smell the most.

I'll report back once I actually use it.
Originally Posted by chloe92us
Had to go up and look at my new ones. I noticed it came in a jar with a pump, instead of a bottle with a pump. Still have most of that bottle, so didn't think to try it. The product is thicker then the prior bottles. Went to the website and there is nothing about a new formula, so I expect it to be the same, just thicker. I'll try to remember to compare the ingredients when I go upstairs, again.

Something you have to remember. A lot of these products are made in someone's kitchen and not manufactured. They are similar a lot of the time, but might be a little different. If you ordered another batch of Mudd from BB, it might not be identical to your first batch.

Since I know how much you love okra gel, I relate a similar experience. Was close to the Indian grocery, so picked up some fresh okra last weekend. Made a new batch of okra gel because I was down to my last 8 ounces. Last time, I used guar gum as a thickener--the hydroethylcellulose was lumpy the time before that. I decided to make a slurry out of the hydroethylcellulose, because my hair really likes it. (also used some gelatin) It was almost room temperature and really hadn't thickened enough. So, I made a slurry out of some guar gum and added 1/2 of what I used in my previous batch. Looked about right when I finished. All I can say is that this stuff is really thick. I was worried because I ended up with 10 cups! This stuff is GREAT. I used it yesterday (we're in the middle of a heat wave) and my hair looked really good. Looked at it before my shower this morning (after the health club) and it wasn't bad. I rarely, if ever, do second day hair. But thicker was even better with the okra gel! So, maybe it will be great with the Puree.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC