View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #25
curlytwirlykate

Okay, so I posted this pic in the before/after SOTC thread, too. No more cross-posting after this... promise!

Day 1

Dewpoint: 8
Weather: 10oC, 89% Humidity, raining like crazy

Pre-poo: All night coconut-oil and shae-butter leave-in treatment
Poo: Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile Shampoo (as a rinse -- 5:1 Water to Shampoo)
Co-wash: Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile Conditioner (because the shampoo rinse didn't cut it!)
Condish: Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner, scrunched into hair and left on for 3(ish) minutes. Rinsed out in freezing cold water while I cursed very, very loudly.
Style: Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel (Strong Hold), applied in the shower in a supersoaker/scrunch-and-pump method. [If I don't plan to go anywhere until my hair dries, I'd usually clip the roots. But I know that it will take my hair hours to dry today, so I won't clip. Mama wants to leave her house!]
Drying: Scrunched out all excess water with a micro fibre dusting mitt. This is my first time trying this, after I realized that this gel + plop = big frizzy disaster. We'll see how it goes! Also, I'm growing out my fringe, so once I get some root curl going on, I pin the awkwardly-long fringe into the rest of my hair (sort of like pulling back a curtain!). This gets it out of my face, and when my hair dries, the fringe sort of stays there.

let it dry. For hours. Because it's raining out.

On a related note, I can't decide if I want to grow my hair out, or get it sculpted into an asymmetrical 'do. Any opinions, suggestions? I'm so SO bored of where it's at right now!!

Shower Time!
Treat: EVCO
Co-Wash: DE Unscented Condish with added lavender and tea tree EOs
Condish: DE Coconut Condish with added local honey

Styling
After Shower: Homemade FSG with added gelatine

+ bi-weekly protein DIY treatments (gelatin and egg yolk)
+ mindful nutrition
curlytwirlykate is offline   Reply With Quote