Day 2
So. Hair stylist day today.

She had absolutely no problems with me bringing my own products, so that's good. A student hair dresser washed my hair. I always love their massages. She used my CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo and Aubrey Organics GPB. After applying my conditioner, she took this really hot towel, wrapped it around my hair for two minutes, then took it off and rinsed.

As usual, my hair stylist (so not the student) cut it wet, trimmed the ends and cut some layers. No thinning, because I don't like that. Then she put me beneath this drying bonnet thing because she wants to check what my hair looks like when it's dry (I can tell you, it doesn't look anything like it when it has air dried). Anyway, after that she did some diffusing and cut the weird pieces that were sticking out.

Below is a front and side picture of what my hair looked like when I came home from the hair dresser (literally thirty minutes ago).

Time of picture: 12:05
Weather: Temp 66 - humidity 52 - dew 48
Hair grade: 2 (because it's not so heavy anymore)

Obviously I'm not going to walk around like this. I have zero curls because of the heat she used and it's a giant fluffy something that looks dry even though it isn't (it was really soft actually, even after all the heat). I immediately used the shower head to wet my hair and guess what?! There were soap and bubbles going down the drain. Apparently, the apprentice didn't rinse that properly at all! That explains the softness. Anyway, after rinsing I applied FSG as usual. Scrunching, however, didn't give me the usual curls so I'm not sure what's going to happen. Plopping now. Will update with a picture of fully air dried hair. Might come tomorrow because I'm going to a concert today, but it's coming

Ugh. I hope my curls will come back because this is stupid.
Originally Posted by Lauraimes
Oh man. The cut looks like it has great shape, but you're right -- it's poofy. The same thing happens to me EVERY time I get my hair cut, to the point that I've started to schedule cuts on days that I don't have anywhere else to go. Then, I can sit at home with my hair up in a ponytail and total forget it ever happened.

Can't wait to see the finished result once you've pampered it!
3A/2C | fine | high-po length, low-po roots | medium density | shoulder-length

Shower Time!
Treat: EVCO
Co-Wash: DE Unscented Condish with added lavender and tea tree EOs
Condish: DE Coconut Condish with added local honey

Styling
After Shower: Homemade FSG with added gelatine

+ bi-weekly protein DIY treatments (gelatin and egg yolk)
+ mindful nutrition