View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #15
ashily_kirsten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
Question :

When taking something like the cod oil, the EPO, or many of the other things that are progesterone or estrogen would it be right to "assume" that these should be taken with the cycle rather than against?

After you ovulate progesterone goes up so would one want to be aware of these things?
Why are you taking cod liver oil or evening primrose oil? If it's for the omega-3s DHA and EPA and omega-6 GLA, triple strength fish body oils and borage oil are far better sources, you will overdose on vitamin D from CLO before you get enough omega-3s to affect your hormones and reduce systemic inflammation. Better still eat oily fish, very few of us need GLA we manufacture it fine from the excessive amount of omega-6s in our diet.

Omega-3s are needed in balance with omega-6s, not a balance from one supplement to another but a balance within the entire diet including those found in any nuts, seeds, grains and vegetable oils we consume. DHA and EPA are not simply used for hormone balance they are key to the health of every cell, tissue and organ in the body so used daily year round. If the supply is insufficient the body will prioritise or substitute a less effective alternative. People with certain dermatological conditions have the wrong balance of fatty acids in their sebum for example.

Best sources of haem iron by far are organ meats like liver. Humans evolved eating organ meats regularly, eating fish and other seafood on a daily basis, supplements are additions to a balanced varied wholefood diet not replacements. If your overall diet is pro inflammatory - it is for the vast majority of westerners - popping a few pills will make scant difference.

Hello there

I strongly agree with you about Omega 3 fatty acids. I have my regular intake of Omega 3 Fatty acids by taking Hercules Fish Oil. Fish Oil contains DHA and EPA, two essential fatty acids that help support and maintain the cardiovascular system. In scientific research, Fish Oil is shown to maintain cholesterol levels already within the normal range and to support blood pressure also within the normal range.* In addition to benefitting heart health, the omega-3 fatty acid DHA benefits the brain.* The brain is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially the omega-3 essential fatty acid DHA. Obtaining sufficient omega-3 is crucial for brain health, especially, cognitive function and mood.* For women, fatty acids in Fish Oil are also shown to reduce the discomforts of PMS and menopause.

I maybe be drifting to the topic but I just want to emphasize the importance of omega 3 fatty acids to our body. Not only to our hair but as well as in our overall health.
ashily_kirsten is offline   Reply With Quote