Once I find out my actual hair properties, I'm going to try to attack it with science I'll have to figure out exactly what I need, then what each ingredient does what, and voila! Perfect hair! (LOL) Yeah, I know, it's not that straightforward, but I can certainly make improvements.

The article above about SLS and eczema is interesting. One of my daughters has mostly mild eczema with an occasional flare. I wonder if the SLES in her shampoo aggravates it.
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3
The trigger for my elbow patch of atopic eczema was shampoo bubbles running down my arm, took me years to work out why it flared at work (blamed air con) and nights out (blamed alcohol). Went to conditioner-only washing and it healed within a week, that was over two years ago!! Have 'spoken' to many others on forums and IRL who have also had great improvements in their dermatitis on quitting all sulphates, including my own mother.

Note that sulphates are in box dye and toothpaste, not just the obvious shower gel, hand wash, shampoo and dish soap. If your daughter can, I'd recommend avoiding all anionic surfactants, certainly going to products that are pH 4.5 (ideal for hair) to 5.5 (skin). Fingers crossed she gets some improvement.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect