I absolutely believe so. I am biracial and I experience it. I am 21 now, but when I was 15 in H.S a girl said to me: "I am not racist, but I do believe there is a difference between blacks and n******." One of the most ignorant statements I have ever encountered.
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
Sucks but when you get older, sometimes you DO learn the difference.

And I'm black so that's saying something.
Originally Posted by BlackAngelPlayah

I honestly believe that reinforcing something like that is going to continue judgement from other individuals- separating people into a positive category and a derogatory category.

I do understand your perspective; it is an african american individual who doesn't abide by the stereotypical heuristics that the media/society set out for them. However, then there is the stereotypical black individuals that further reinforce others to say, "Oh, typical n*****."

There are people who tell me, "You talk 'white'" and it makes me wonder that I don't fit the racial schemata of how they think black people should be. Thus, there is this category that others section off black people to act, dress, etc. I try to see others as one individual. For example, if I see a young black male with his pants down, and doesn't speak proper english (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE) I don't want to stand there and think to myself: 'Now THAT'S a n*****' because I would be further putting ONE person in a negative category. I try to break that frame of mind because when you point your finger at someone, there are always three fingers pointing back at you.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls