Hmmm. . . interesting. I bet if we took a poll most of the wavycurlies would say styled and the kinkycurlies naked. I have a bone to pick though--I don't think generally styled hair (read: a bit of product and scrunching) is as "manipulated" as straightened hair. For most of us (speaking for wavy-curlies, sorry for being your unofficial spokeswoman guys) it takes intense heat to make our hair straight and just a bit of coaxing to define the curl. We're not encouraging anything our hair wouldn't do naturally, essentially.
Originally Posted by dusalocks
It depends what products and styling, a diffuser artificially supports the hair such that my weakest underlayers can really bounce up, with magnesium sulphate and a hard hold gel I can 'gain' two levels which lasts for a night out but no longer. To me defining the curl is a different animal to increasing it, conditioner only just defines or controls frizz a little.

With wet brushing and towel turbanning I can easily 'lose' two levels, to many people THAT is styled. Anyway typing is not a comparison to flat ironing, it's trying to see what is there naturally, if a curl falls right back out again maybe it's not there?
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect