I know it may seem overly complicated at first glance, but here is why I think it would be good idea. If naturallycurly were to adopt this shorthand (and maybe we can convince them to), there would be a uniform way to think about hair typing, and hopefully it would take the emphasis off of the curl pattern and put it on properties which matter more. Especially when it comes to picking out products. So picture this: On the hair density page, where it says Low it also has a little box next to it that says "i", Medium "ii" and High "iii".

Curly Hair Tips, Styles & Products - NaturallyCurly

And then when you go to the width page it would be Coarse , a box next to it saying (C), Medium (M) and Fine (F).

Curly Hair Tips, Styles & Products - NaturallyCurly

Then I think it would also be amazing if Naturally Curly had you type yourself this way and put it on the main profile page. 3A C 3P 2E ii and all that jazz. And if people were to click on the little C going "what does that mean?", it would take you to the width page. What also would be awesome is if you go to the product review page and when people review you see their properties right there next to their screen names.

And then again, if you don't know what it means, you could click on the 3P and go to the porosity page there too. And then it would be super duper amazing if naturally curly could have a rundown that reads "this product is liked by people who have low porosity hair", rather than (or I guess in addition to) this product is popular with people who have 3B hair and whatnot.

I think a system like that might've actually helped me out when I was just starting to wear my hair curly. As it is, the CurlWhisperer has a pinterest that's kind of like that where she has recommendations for coarse, medium to fine hair. . . but if Naturally Curly were to adopt some sort of uniform system and acknowledge that properties are more important than curl patterns, it would make things easier overall.

And maybe we should use letters overall to make it more uniform. I don't know. But I'd like a shorthand.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Last edited by dusalocks; 06-10-2013 at 04:33 PM.