Jessiebanana and Dusalocks, how do you keep your hair moisturised? I know our properties are very different, Dusalocks, but still. I think this is one of my biggest problems right now.

I have CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner sitting on the self because I haven't figured out yet how to use it without being overconditioned or getting weighed down curls.

Other things I'm thinking about is adding aloe vera gel to my FSG, but will that suffice?
Originally Posted by Lauraimes
1. Argan oil is literally the worst oil for my hair. It starts out dandy, but within two weeks my hair is oily and dry all at the same time. I've tried three conditioners with argan oil and the oil by itself, so I know it's the culprit.

2. I can't comment on the aloe, because I'm very allergic. Bumps, rashes, itching and all that jazz.

3. I look at ingredients now. I don't care what a product says it's for or what it's supposed to do, I go for what my hair likes and what I think it will be good for. My hair likes water based conditioners that are light on oils and light on protein and not all proteins are okay. The wheat, quinoa, and keratin ones are too intense. I can only use one protein product in my arsenal.

My hair likes humectants in the climate I live in. If I dry my hair out with a sulfate it takes about 1-2 weeks for my hair to get back to normal, but once it's there it's good.

I like this site, but you can't get too caught up in what other people use. Someone can be your hair twin, but not live in the same climate as you or want the same results. There is a certain amount of trial and error, but the errors can be progress if you pay attention.

I've learned that gels dry me out (I think it's the polymers) and I get crunch I can't scrunch out, the propellants in mousse dry me out, too much protein makes my hair cray cray and that my undamaged hair has a very strong curl pattern, oils alone or in high quantities can make my hair frizz, my hair is easily coated and coated = dryness, I have a very dry scalp so my natural oils are sacred to my skin and my hair...those are sort of the main rules for my hair and I choose products accordingly.

I don't if this helps you at all, since I'm not you, but this has been my experience.