View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Firefox7275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy01 View Post
I have low porosity hair. I don't color it, heat style much, etc. Protein constricts the cuticle even further preventing even more moisture from entering. It gives me frizz. If anything my hair became even more less porous after pregnancy. It has never ever held moisture well unless I had my hair short. For some reason, my shorter curls always looked fabulous.

If I can't use oils or silicones...or glycerin...then what am I left with to moisturize my hair? The oils worked in the past...I mean my hair felt moisturized.

I live in a high dewpoint area...South Carolina.
I didn't suggest you cannot use oils, simply that they do not add moisture. Ingredients that may help your hair feel in better condition (assume this is what you mean by feeling moisturised?) include panthenol, ceramides, cationic surfactants and fatty alcohols, anything at pH 4.5 to 5.5.

Many curlies have problems with glycerin in high dew points so might be worth experimenting with a glycerin free routine; shea butter does not penetrate and can build up so you might clarify (or chelate if you have hard water/ go swimming).

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote