View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #40
Rytoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyRN07swavy View Post
I used 3cups distilled water and placed 2TBSP of marshmallow root in water. Let it seep for a few hours then added 1TBSP of each: horsetail, nettle, and burdock to water. I used frozen sliced okra, a cup full, and the low boiled it for 30mins.

I then strained and added my ingredients. Got a 2cup yield, so I doubled the amounts as listed below since these are all per 8oz or 1 cup yield of product. ..

After I strain I immediately added:
1/4 tsp of magnesium flakes(enhancer)
1/4+1/8 tsp of agave nectar(1/2 left my hair too coated, like KCCC did)
1/2 tsp sucragel(shine)
1/4 tsp vit E oil(preservative)
1/4 tsp citric acid(preservative)
1/4 tsp potassium sorbate, (presrrvative)
1/2 tsp guar gum...PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST USE SOME KIND OF THICKENER...

I'm thinking of using honey instead of agave nectar in my nect batch and maybe just a few drops of grapeseed oil. Since its not even full summer yet in FL :!

I keep one 3oz bottle in fridge and others in freezer. Just to be on the safe side

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
Maybe I added too much agave? That could be why it feels producty? Not as bad today but I also used a lighter leave in. Still there though.

Help me out here. Are honey and agave considered humectants?? If yes what are my alternatives to increase hold? I am in Colorado and we are lucky to get dews above 40 it is so dry and I think I should avoid humectants. I have already cut glycerin. Any ideas??
RO: Yes To Carrots / Ion
LI: Biotera / Samy Big Curls Defining Cream
Gel: FSG, Volumax (Original and Mega)
Color: Henna
Tools: Diffusing
Rytoka is offline   Reply With Quote