View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
kaykre

Default I think I know my properties (after much research). Suggestions?

I've taken the advice to focus more on properties and less on curl pattern. I've been reading ALOT (on here and on other sites) and below is my most educated guess on my properties:

_high porosity
_high density
_normal elasticity (this is the only I've I'm iffy on)
_fine
_2A/B (not that this matters)

I originally thought I was coarse but I don't think so anymore. I think I was mistaking having a ton of hair + high porosity + dryness for coarse strands. I'm almost positive my hair is very porous because it is very dried out and has been colored, highlighted, and heat damaged over the last few years. My surface layers dry super fast but my under and inner layers can stay wet for half the day (due to high density, I think?).

Does this all sound right?

Anyone have similar hair?

My main concerns and issues are weak wave pattern (I seem to be less wavy after moving to the desert + damage over the years) and dryness. I seem to need moisture but at the same time it also weighs me down.

Currently I wash with a sulfate free shampoo and condition with a silicone free conditioner. I usually use a leave in and light hold gel but have been experimenting with application and techniques.

Any advice or people with similar hair that can share what they do?

Sent from my VS920 4G using CurlTalk App

kaykre is offline   Reply With Quote