Hey Curly Girls. I've posted about my dry scalp before and nothing has helped! Here's what I have tried:
-Hot Oil treatments
-Tea Tree Oil (the oil and the shampoo)
-Pure Moroccan Argan Oil
-Brown sugar scrubs
-Dandruff shampoos

I've had this problem for years but somehow I was able to keep it decent looking however, it is at its absolute worse. I was diagnosed recently with Lupus so I'm starting to believe that maybe that's the reason why. What other remedies or products do you recommend? I looked into the Shea Moisture African Soap shampoo/conditioner line, what are your opinions? I would prefer something budget friendly, moisturizing, and safe for color treated hair. Thank you!! I need your help!
Originally Posted by gee
What is the specific medical diagnosis for your scalp, is it definitely simple dry skin (xerosis)? You can do more harm than good self treating a self diagnosis, several of the home remedies you mention are completely wrong for xerosis and could easily worsen it, they are for seborrhoeic dermatitis (greasy dandruff). All are potentially irritating so could worsen one or more forms of dermatitis. Treating a primary dermatological diagnosis is not the same as treating the same issue as a symptom of another disorder.

I have a healthcare background so have a basic knowledge of many of the most common health problems, but know relatively little about lupus so I suspect most here have even less knowledge. I would suggest you head over to one of the lupus charity websites, speak to a dermatologist, rheumatologist, registered dietician or other appropriately qualified medical professional.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect