I've camped at the beach a lot in Mexico. For weeks at a time. I love it and would do it again.

I do wonder about camping somewhere where the ground isn't sand though. But I'd still be down.

As long as it wasn't raining all crazy and miserable or anything.
Originally Posted by Curlyminx
I don't even consider beach camping to be camping but I would looove to do that. The wooded areas are just totally different and buggy and ew. So people actually put air mattresses in their tent? I guess that could work.
Originally Posted by Josephine
Now what exactly is it that makes the woods different and ew? I can never understand it when people say that. Woods are majestic. They are full of beautiful sights and sounds, and covered by a blanket of stars. It's a little slice of heaven. So what if it has bugs. Bugs are in cities too.

If you are going to be camping in an area with public restrooms, you'll hardly be camping anyway. There are normally lots of people around, and not a great deal of space in between camp sites (which is normally a field). And yes, an air mattress can fit nicely in a medium to large tent. Some have battery operated pumps, some require power, and there is always a hand pump.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??