View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
Lynaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
I forgot to mention that my scalp isn't very itchy, just flakey. The flakes are scaley and white. With Lupus, skin rashes are common so I thought, possibly it would be related to this. I have a check-up with my rheumatologist next month so I will ask him and see what he says.

I have changed my diet since May because I was having a lot of GI issues so my rhuemie told me to change my diet. I have been drinking tons of water, eating fruits and veggies, and homemade foods vs fast food. So, I don't think my diet might be the issue.

In the meantime, do you suggest anything that could help eliminate the flakes or tame them? It's just really embarrassing. Also, I'm running low on product and want to buy something that will help.

Thank you for your responses! I will stop doing all of the things I have been trying as it won't benefit my scalp.
If your scalp is just dry giving it more moisture may help. Are you CG? Do you cowash? What are you using now?

The SM black soap line contains Salicylic acid (like for acne), I'm not sure what black soap is/does, it will probably help with some scalp issues (depending on there cause) but it could also dry you out more.

Using a cowash with lots of emollients, some protein and few to no oils/butters may help eleviate the dryness if that's all it is. However if your scalp issues are a symptom of something else it will only be a temporary fix until the underlying cause is treated.

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!
Lynaea is offline   Reply With Quote