Dew point wash day: 73
Dew point next day: 75
Interesting weather?:

Cowash/Lowpoo: DO Poo
RO: SS PT + SS Caitlin's
Leave-in: SSI okra
Styler(s): CIAB + VM gel

Styling Technique: LI as usual with quick rinse, smoothed and raked palmful CIAB through length, added a bit more to work thru canopy, wide-combed thru. Blotted with FST, flipped/shook, added quarter+ VM gel S2S, raked, scrunched, blotted S2S and USD, plopped awhile with heat blast. Added nickel more VM S2S after plop, pixie diffused to crispy-crunchy and mostly dry, cooled down under AC vent cause the cool shot on my blowdryer is a PITA.

First impressions: the CIAB felt good going on, didn't flash dry like the MG gels do, seemed to help with clumping too, they started forming as soon as I added the VM gel and stayed thru scrunching and plopping with minimal manual 'reclumping'. The crunch feels different, dryer yet lighter(?), it feels like it will last thru the night though. Wave formation is good too. So far so good

Next day results: ooh baby! My hair was still fairly crunchy when I woke up, SOTC'd after getting dressed, ended up with Beautiful, soft, shiny, frizz-free waves! It was so soft I kept touching it all day but there was still only a bit of frizz, even after being in a breeze after work. I'm very impressed with this combo. I'm afraid though that the CIAB will end up being too moisturizing also and I'd really like to use stylers, and well, everything, with protein so I stopped at Sally's after work and got the GVP liquid sculpting gel. It has the same styling ingredient as CIAB but no humectants and lots of protein. It has a very fruity smell which may be an issue but I'll try that next. Pic below from shortly after SOTC.

My hair is softer yet had better clumps and held up better then either MG gel with the VM. If it weren't for the claims to be moisturizing I would just stick with this.

Second day refresh: I wasn't sure what to do with such soft hair, the clumps were great and lasted all day but were so soft I nearly pulled one apart when I was rearranging it. I ended up using a bunch of the Ouidad Botanical Boost smoothed and scrunched through followed by wet hands, some crunch reformed on the outer layer and length so I'm gonna go with that.

Second day results: more frizz today, still really nice waves and I'm loving the softness, by the end of the day I could pretty much pull the clumps apart an it was starting to poof some. Ugg, must be the agave nectar. Trying the GVP LSG tonight.

New things to try: GVP LSG, CJ Curl Fix, CJ lowpoo, are there any 'cleansing' conditioners with protein? The DailyFix is great but my scalp seems vaguely itchy after using it and it doesn't have any protein in it. Time for more research!
Attached Thumbnails
Lynaea's CG Hair Journal-image.jpg  
2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 06-18-2013 at 08:59 PM.