Yeah my hair is soooo fine! Its wet right now and it looks like I'm balding! But I have dark blonde hair so it's light colored and fine...which sucks.... But when it's dry it looks like I have thick hair.
I have been mixing Garnier smoothing milk, Pantene Bb cream and a spray of L'oreal Sea salt spray in my hand and raking and scrunching it thru really wet hair. Then I pump and scrunch ( without any gel or mouse) scrunch with a tshirt, then I part and do a twist and twirl to any pieces that look un-defined.
After I use mini butterfly clips to clip my roots for volume and let it air dry.
Air drying is like the ONLY way to dry my hair! I scrunch as much as I can with a tshirt to get rid of water and speed up the processes. I'm cool with not using gel or mouse but the whole air dry thing is not convenient in the winter when the air is dry and 10 degrees lol.Attachment 36462
That's the end result with my routine of no heat, gel or mouse. Attachment 36463
This is mouse and defusing ! So frizzy !
Originally Posted by Purplecurls17
So you are not CG at all, you are using silicones and shampoo? CG was designed as a system, silicone heavy products are not part of that. By all means use them, but that may have a knock on effect on how other techniques or products work for you. How do you get on with okra gel or flaxseed gel, with xanthan gum if you need more hold? Some fine hairs do really well with those.

Silicones give me either limp hair or failure to clump/ lack of definition or both, I'd need too offset those side effects with curl boosters (sea salt, magnesium sulphate) but that would then dry out my hair. I would not be able to resolve that due to the shampoo and silicones so ultimately back to the exact same vicious circle I was stuck in before CG.

Some thoughts
- first photo looks really pretty
- sea salt is drying and can cause frizz or lack of definition if overused
- don't try to scrunch out as much water as possible, taking out too much water or losing product can cause frizz and lack of definition
- doing a part can be a problem with many, contributing to flat roots or frizz. Some find it better if they part dripping hair in the shower before applying products
- ditto raking can break up curl, maybe worse combined with making a part?

I noticed a positive change switching from plopping with a microfibre towel to squeezing gently with a flour sack towel - curl shape, not having hair squashed to scalp and frizz. I'm fairly sure I was simply losing too much water before. Fine (like yours) or porous (like mine) is prone to that. My worst area for definition - the back underlayer - I barely take any water out and sometimes add some back, again it dries too fast either from plopping or from simply dripping when my head is upside down.

Sometimes I modified plop in a shower cap, that doesn't take any water out but supports the curl, lets some of the excess water come to the ends of the hair before I scrunch it out. Still practicing with that technique tho!
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect