I am not CG. I tried it for about 4-6 months. I got my hair cut and clarified to remove the cones. It was a horrific experience! I loathed every moment of CG! My hair was dry, full and frizzy...while my scalp was full of buildup. I cowshed exclusively with light conditioners that contained no silicones. All my products were silicone and sulphate free. I low-pooed once a week to try to remove buildup.
Eventually I went back to using silicones and sulphate pooing once a week or once every two weeks. Only my leave ins have silicones. I wash with L'oreal cleansing conditioner and use TN as my rinse out. My current routine as I described above is working beautifully! I just wish I could cut down drying time. My hair just takes FOREVER to dry
Originally Posted by Purplecurls17
You don't have to co-wash to be Curly Girl, sulphate free shampoos are included within the book/ method. Sulphate free shampoos often do suit those with scalp disorders or fine hair better. Not saying you have to retry if you are happy with your routine, just that you may have misunderstood how strict you need to be and ended up 'all or nothing'.

I had a much shorter drying time when I was using a protein rich conditioner instead of one including oils (you're equiv is silicones) recently, but the trade off absolutely is frizz in certain dew points or with the diffuser, they didn't seem to play well with humectants as my oils do. A way round that might be more product but using a hood dryer or bonnet dryer, or coconut oil soaks if you have porous hair.

Tonya McKay wrote an article for NC on ingredients that help cut drying time, not sure if you've seen it CurlChemist: Hair Drying Time
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect