If I air dry I quite often leave the house with soaking wet hair, that is generally only to run errands or visit my parents.

If I diffuse that is for a social occasion so I leave the house with maximum one more hour drying time, and it doesn't look terrible - I use a lot of conditioner so don't get a ton of crunch, it's more Medusa-noodle-head than super fine rock hard strings. I try to diffuse to one hour drying time, if I can I stay home for some or all of that hour, but I don't always time either aspect right!

Maybe diffuse for longer? You didn't ought to have too much problem getting dry hair in a dry climate, especially if you clip the roots so some of the underlayers get more exposure. Mini claw clips means you can go out with your roots still clipped. Larger roller jaw clamps can lift much larger sections but you likely would not want to be seen in public!
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect