View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
awelcome

So far I have been conditioner only styling, so there is no crunch, but I have fairly dense low porosity hair so it takes a good deal of time to fully dry. During the first hour I am usually plopping so I don't leave the house. After that it takes another 2-3 hours to get to a point where it's not only dry enough to move around without causing frizz or curls to break up because the length of my hair makes it delicate in that way, but also to get to a point where I dont look ridiculous. My hair gains a good deal of volume during the drying process, and while wet you can see my scalp all over. I also either have the medusa look, or it gets even worse as the top layers dry and get fluffy, but other layers/clumps take longer. Needless to say I try not to leave my house with wet hair which can be tricky. I don't care that much what people think, but I guess I just have a standard for myself on how I want to look when I am out and about. Drive-throughs are another story though lol. They may get wet hair AND Pj's!
BSL - going for mid back to waist

HG: currently
just washing with a low poo that contains protein (Alba Naturals Coconut) and using Suave Naturals Coconut as both a RO and LI. No stylers right now, but this gives me pretty good curl, definition, low-ish frizz, and it feels and looks good. Also an occasional PT (liking the Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula which has cones) seems to be key for me.

Modified CG since February 2013

awelcome is offline   Reply With Quote