Sorry for all the confusion, I had written that in a rush! Basically, by 'lazy' I mean I like to stick to simple routines, but basically I was just being silly.. What I was trying to get across was that I dont like heat styling, or commercial mousses and gels because they just feel terrible. I use sulfate free shampoo and cone free conditioner (moogoo) and I do oil weekly, but yet to find a deep conditioner I like. Im thinking about making my owl flaxseed gel, and maybe incorporating that into a spritzer. Your probably very correct in suggesting I manually damage my hair, especially when sleeping. So I'll have to look into methods of avoiding that. I think there will have to be lots of practice in my future, because i find hairstyles so challenging, but I've already learnt so much from naturally curly and long hair community (if only long hair community would let me sign up!).
Thankyou for all the advice, and I'm definitely going to look into all your suggestions..I have been looking through all the stickies and articles, and have found some things helpful and will continue on looking!
Originally Posted by Tess321
You are being too vague, what specific products are you using at present? What shampoo and what oils? A simple but effective DIY deep conditioner is your regular conditioner plus honey plus aloe vera plus a penetrating oil like coconut.

Simply solution to styling products feeling horrible, don't run your fingers through your hair or mess about with it! That causes frizz and if done regularly (especially when wet) it mechanically damages hair. If your hair is thick and coarse you will likely need more than a weak spritz, flaxseed gel is not strong hold it's usually used straight up.

For nighttime do a pineapple or loose braid then wear a satin sleeping cap or use a satin pillowcase.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect