Dew point wash day: 71
Dew point next day: 73
Interesting weather?:

Cowash/Lowpoo: DO lowpoo
RO: SS PT + DO RO
Leave-in: none
Styler(s): GVP LSG + VM gel

Styling Technique: essentially tried to duplicate what I did with the CIAB. I skipped the SSI LI because it has glycerin (end of list) and I'm trying to eliminate frizz. The LSG felt similar going on but did a bit of that protein drying thing, not bad, but noticeable. I gave it a quick rinse after wide combing, probably shouldn't have. It didn't clump as easily when I added the VM gel and it felt different then the CIAB from beginning to end. I have good crunch but I had to add more VM to the roots/top after diffusing cause it was getting soft and a bunch of baby hairs were sticking up, probably a diffusing issue. I think it will survive the night but I'm not optimistic of it beating out the CIAB/VM combo. Fingers crossed though.

Next day results: looked great first thing in the morning, good wave and clumps but soft and frizz-free. BUT it kept forming super-waves throughout the day where the clumps would all spiral together. I kept pulling the ones at the sides apart but it looked like I was getting them in the back too. The wave loosened through the day too, I don't understand why when I combo two medium to hard hold stylers I tend to get less hold. Maybe its the lack of LI? Either way, the CIAB was much better from application to results, I could have gone three days with that. I knew it didn't feel right from the beginning with this combo. Weird, you'd think more protein plus more hold would equal awesome, maybe its an application /technique issue like I rinsed too much of the LSG out when I quick rinsed?. Oh well, back to CIAB + VM next time, fingers crossed for a repeat of last time.

Second day refresh: not bothering, its already loose waves I can finger comb right out.

Second day results:

New things to try: I really want to try more CJ products; the lowpoo, and curl fix and maybe repair me. I really need to sell or swap some of the stuff I'm not using first though but I don't have time to go through it all yet, maybe next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Lynaea's CG Hair Journal-image.jpg  
2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
RO: SS Caitlin's co
Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
glycerin, honey, oils & butters Protein!

Last edited by Lynaea; 06-19-2013 at 06:48 PM.