I have three biracial daughters and I was constantly encouraged to perm their hair by their father's family... So I did. I have since learned better and they are all natural, however, when they were relaxed I still had to take a straighten iron to it because it always ended up having an weird wave pattern. I complete understand the unsupportive family. My mother as well as their dads family think I am crazy for not relaxing their hair. I don't have much support from either side, but I know what is best for my kids, so their opinions don't matter much to me.
Originally Posted by brimom19
I don't know how old your daughters are but I personally don't believe in putting relaxers in children's hair. I would not subject my child if I had one to even the possibility of the kind of chemical burns I had.
If they keep bothering you to relax then they must get the vibe they can pressure you enough to change your mind. You n eed to stop engaging in these conversations with them. you let them know in a firm way the answer is no and it is not up for discussion. And every time they start shut that mess down quick. You even give the look like a mama gives when you are one move away from getting your tail beat. They will get the idea. And they will leave you alone.
"A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all." - Clive Davis