Pre-CG I used pomades for finishing with fab results. They really help to tame my canopy frizz which I don't expect to improve for some time for a variety of reasons - breakage, porosity, wiry greys, etc, so I will keep looking for a pomade but try to find one that is CG friendly. I see several that look promising on curl mart. I low-poo about once per week, really only when I do a DT with coconut oil, so I can probably use something a little heavy.

I just restocked on my devacare which I use for cowash, rinse out, and leave in. I know I need to find something else for rinse out and leave in. I do have a bottle of cheapo suave naturals that I use for my daughter's hair that I have considered using. I get so confused because I see that Naturally Curly lists this product as an anti-humectant, but it contains humectants, huh?
Originally Posted by alslgirl2002
Coconut oil is almost an anomaly in the haircare world IMO, it's obviously solid at room temperature and used straight up it doesn't seem as 'light' as a liquid plant oil. Some users report it leaves their hair crunchy, this effect seems to be more prevalent in those with low porosity hair and is perhaps related to failing to thoroughly cleanse the excess.

Because the lauric acid molecules are small (12 carbons) they penetrate into the cortex relatively easily, and I find the excess remaining on the surface washes away easily with conditioner so that my hair is not weighed down unless I do a rubbish job of cleansing! Being solid you would expect coconut oil to behave like a butter and be heavy, but instead for many of us it's more rich IYSWIM. The common butters are rich in palmitic and/ or stearic acids which are much longer chains/ larger molecules (16 and 18 carbons) than lauric acid, I assume this has something to do with the different behaviours.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect