If you're interested I started using the Shea Moisture Coconut/Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. It is full of anti-humectants, no glycerin and it has protein. I live in very high dews and it's probably my most favorite product I've ever tried. (I'm not high porosity, but my hair is fine and loves protein.)
Originally Posted by wavydaze
Isn't caprylyl glycol a humectant?

CAPRYLYL GLYCOL || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

I guess it works well for you in whatever levels in that product. I may try it when the dewpoints go up here.
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3
Well I guess you're right about the caprylyl glycol... I didn't even know it was a humectant! The thing is, for whatever reason only glycerin has given me issues. And even then, if it's listed after an anti-humectant (as in the case with the Alba Botanica leave-in) it hasn't given me problems.

These are the Curl & Style Milk ingredients on my bottle:

Deionized Water, Shea butter, coconut oil, sugar starch, silk protein, essential oil blend, neem oil, caprylyl glycol, sorbitol esters, algae extract, hyssopus oficinalis extract, sage leaf and equisetum arvense extract, carrot seed oil, honeysuckle and Japanese honeysuckle flower extracts, tocopherol, hibiscus flower extract.

My ingredients are different than the ones listed in the products section of this page!

The first two (non water) ingredients are both anti-humectants so one humectant in the middle of the list shouldn't be an issue.
fine - normal porosity*?- medium density - normal elasticity. Hard water. SoCal.
*Used to be low-porosity, but I lightened my hair 1-2 shades, so I may be normal-porosity now.

New climate! Current favorites:
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni SaS
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: JC Confident Coils, JC Rockin Ringlets, CJ CIAB, gelatin gel

iherb discount code: CFN646