Neleke - when I put coconut oil on dry hair, at first it tames the frizz, but over some number of hours it seems to straighten my hair, make it dryer, and make it frizzier. Coconut oil is a weird one because it penetrates, though, so I'm not sure exactly what's happening. Maybe what I should take from this post is that I need actual moisture.
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3
I've heard of this reaction before. For me it has the opposite reaction... it softens and makes my hair curlier unless of course it's overconditioned.

It might be because you have coarse hair? Coconut oil is supposed to help with protein retention, and many coarse haired curlies have issues with protein so maybe that is in the mix.

I've had good look w/ oils in my hair... jojoba, coconut, olive, both on wet hair and dry. The problem is they take a while to absorb and even application is quite tricky so I would have parts of my hair that were left on the stringy side and others that were naked. That is why I now prefer leave-in conditioners which are typically an emulsion of water and oils/emollients.
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots/normal po. shaft. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Low-poo: Jason Mango bodywash, CeraVe Foaming
[/B]Cowash: Cure Care + water
RO: Cure Care, V05 KL, G SAS
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF, DE Shine & Refine, AB Strong Hold gel, SM C&S milk
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646