I don't admit to knowing anything about chemistry OR cooking, lol, so I'm just experimenting as I go along. If you keep your batches small and keep them in the fridge, you really don't have to worry too much about preservatives anyway. But it would me nice to know I could take it along for a weekend trip or not worry if I forget to pop it back in the fridge.

Have you tried xanthan gum as a thickener? I find it a little difficult to work with, but it does the job.
Originally Posted by chloe92us
I went to Boston last month, and I took a fresh batch of okra gel with me for the week. It was just fine. No issues. I think the point to remember is we are making gel from a plant/food source. So even though we keep it in the fridge, it still will spoil. On that note, I did have small amount left of BB's gel that was in my fridge for a month or more. It didnít smell bad and when I used it, there was no difference in performance. But I was desperate at that time. I would not leave it in the fridge for more than a couple weeks. I leave mine in the fridge till Iím ready to use it for the day. And my extra bottles I freeze.

2b/c CG since 8/12
I have low porosity and fine/med texture. Easily weighed down and VERY frizzy crown, with straighter under layers

Low-poo:TJ TTT, CJ GCS
LI/RO/DC: CK Satin Roots,Sevi Pumpkin, SSI Okra reconstructor, CJ SAC,CJ RM
Stylers: AG Recoil, JC SS
Jellies: CK Coil Jam, Okra gel(HG)
Gel: JC CC, Ouidad H&H gel, Ouidad moisture lock gel

Hair loves moisture protein.
MUST Pixie diffuse.

My hair dose NOT like oils, butters or polyquats Or glycerin in high dews