View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #75
shellyRN07swavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
I don't admit to knowing anything about chemistry OR cooking, lol, so I'm just experimenting as I go along. If you keep your batches small and keep them in the fridge, you really don't have to worry too much about preservatives anyway. But it would me nice to know I could take it along for a weekend trip or not worry if I forget to pop it back in the fridge.

Have you tried xanthan gum as a thickener? I find it a little difficult to work with, but it does the job.
I went to Boston last month, and I took a fresh batch of okra gel with me for the week. It was just fine. No issues. I think the point to remember is we are making gel from a plant/food source. So even though we keep it in the fridge, it still will spoil. On that note, I did have small amount left of BB's gel that was in my fridge for a month or more. It didnít smell bad and when I used it, there was no difference in performance. But I was desperate at that time. I would not leave it in the fridge for more than a couple weeks. I leave mine in the fridge till Iím ready to use it for the day. And my extra bottles I freeze.

Low-poo:TJ TTT, CJ GCS
LI/RO/DC: CK Satin Roots,Sevi Pumpkin, SSI Okra reconstructor, CJ SAC,CJ RM
Stylers: AG Recoil, JC SS
Jellies: CK Coil Jam, Okra gel(HG)
Gel: JC CC, Ouidad H&H gel, Ouidad moisture lock gel

Hair loves moisture protein.
MUST Pixie diffuse.

My hair dose NOT like oils, butters or polyquats Or glycerin in high dews
shellyRN07swavy is offline   Reply With Quote