I have low porosity, coarse, extremely protein sensitive hair and it is has taken a lot of trial and error to find products that don't make my hair feel straw-like and matted. In my (possibly biased) opinion it's one of the hardest combinations of hair to find products for, probably not helped by the fact that I am also avoiding parabens. You may not have seen my reply to Fluffy's thread but if you have forgive me if I repeat myself.

I can't use the products you mentioned either: Shea Moisture, EVOO, or coconut oil. Also, be warned, nearly every deep conditioner treatment I know of has protein in it, or at least ingredients that have given me the same reaction as protein. Some people call these "hidden proteins" or "protein analogues" but I am no chemist/biologist and have no idea what they really are.

Not sure if you can see my signature but these are the protein free products I like best:

Co wash:
Suave Clarifying Conditioner
Suave Sun Ripened Strawberry (this has glycerin so should be used in low dewpoints and with a sealer)

RO:
Tresemme Naturals (sometimes I skip this if I have enough slip from the co wash). I've heard the formula has changed though.

Sealer:
apricot oil. I'm going to try grape seed oil soon.
I have to seal. Every. Single. Time. Or my hair looks like crap.

Be sure her stylers don't have protein either. That has messed me up and set me back before. Note it may take some time for her to get moisturized and for her hair to start feeling better if she has been over-proteined.
Stylers:
4 Naturals Spring Back Custard. 4 Naturals also makes an Afro Stretch Curl Cream which is on my list to try.
And okra gel occasionally which you can easily make at home. It makes my hair look great but I'm afraid of getting "over-proteined" from using it too much.
I also like L'Oreal Everstyle gel which I can use IF I don't get it too close to my scalp or it will itch. But your daughter's scalp may not be as sensitive to it as I am.

I'm also using a hard water filter that I got on Amazon to cut minerals and make my hair (and skin) feel softer.

Good luck!! Sounds like you have your hands full!
CG since 3/1/13
3B; Low porosity, Coarse, & Extremely Protein Sensitive
Very high density, waist length

Co wash: Suave Clarifying or Sun Ripened Strawberry
RO: Sun Ripened Strawberry, TN, or TN w/ veg glycerin
Sealer: apricot oil
Styler: 4 Naturals Spring Back Custard, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, or BB "Mudd"
Using a hard water filter, microfiber towel, & silk head scarves & pillowcases

Avoiding: protein, coconut, & parabens