Old 06-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
Samanthascurlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyisMiree View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyisMiree View Post

The reason why blacks can use the n-word and no other race can is because its our way of turning the negative output of the original word and slavery into a 'positive' word.

When another race uses the n-word it basically takes out the 'fun' of it because you remind us what happened in the past. The only other race that I've seen use the n-word is Hispanics and I don't mind.

I also don't mind other races using the n-word just don't go up to a random black person and instantly call them that . You can use the n-word just do it around your black friends (any friends) unless you are referring to the er version.

Plus its just a word, you're really going to get mad because you can't say a word when blacks have been through some rough **** and they are still going through it today.
I disagree with this. If a black person uses the word n***** but yet a white person can't, where is the sense? We are once again fulfilling the heurstics that racism is built off of. It isn't just a word. It has negative connotations. Other people will hear that derogatory word and think, "If they can say it, why can't we?" It reminds me of the saying: 'Do as I say, not as I do.'
Racism isn't built on words it's built on actions. The day blacks will stop saying n**** is when we are on the same playing field as whites.
I do have to say that both actions and words build off racism. That is like someone saying: "I am not racist, I just let two n****** in my house." How is that not derogatory? But you have your opinion and I have mine. But the next time a white, black, hispanic, Asian, etc. individual calls you a n***** don't get offended because it's just a word, right?

Curls
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote