Ok, I didn't know I needed a rinse out or a leave in...I don't know what those are lol. I only have been using conditioner (Nature's Gate). I can already tell you I definitely do not get a lather from conditioner...I didn't know conditioner made a lather? Anyway, the conditioner is what I do not wash out all the way because the book said not to. I probably read it wrong. Then after I rinse it out party, I get out, sprunch/plop hair with that special towel, put some gel in it, and wait for it to dry (I have mostly been going to bed with the special towel thing on my head so that it can dry as I sleep).
Originally Posted by randi.foor
Some conditioners can lightly lather with water plus agitation, it's the cationic surfactants AFAIK. It's not like mega bubbly like shampoo, but the conditioner stops feeling so slimy and feels like a soft foam, more like hair mousse or edible cream in a pressurised can. Put some conditioner in a small bottle add some water and shake, if you don't get a lather then a product is never going to on your head.

Really good information in the stickies on the Newbies board and the general haircare board about starting CG, should be hair properties and dew points covered. Also check out the main NC site, there are tons of articles covering everything hair related. The ones by 'curl chemist' Tonya McKay are particularly good. Maybe also read your book again, it is a lot to take in to begin with.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect