View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #64
curlymetalgirl

This post has literally saved my head. I could not figure out for the life of me why the ENTIRE Shea Moisture Line simply would not work...well now I know why. I'm fine haired, protein and glycerin sensitive.

The worst day was when I used Tresseme Naturals (this alone does not seem to bother my hair) but the insult to injury came when I used Organic Root Stimulator Curls Unleashed Take Command Curl Defining Cream. I used Shea Moisture Shea Butter Reconstructing Conditioner (don't know why as it's been weighing my hair down and leaving a greasy feeling in my hair for a while now), Jojoba Oil as a sealer and went to sleep. I had great definition thanks to my braid out, but I was pulling clumps of hair out with my hands for the next three days. Scary. I've never shed so much hair in my life and it was terrifying. This was four days ago and the greasy, weighed down feeling is just now going away. I'm washing tonight and Poo'ing with my Tresseme Naturals.

So, no more Shea Moisture and no more ORS Line. And it looks like no more Jojoba either.

My List:
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (horrible. Weighs my hair down at first and then dries it out, and as a last insult it shrinks my curls terribly. No definition either.)

Shea Moisture Shea Butter and Argan Oil Reconstructing Conditioner

Shea Moisture Thickening Growth Milk

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Intensive Reconstructing Hair Mask

ORS Curls Unleashed Take Command Curl Defining Cream (this stuff smells awful too, so I definitely will not be using it again)

Moroccan Argan Oil in any brand

Organic Coconut Oil
curlymetalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote