How i scrunch & pump:
Coat your hands in product, flip your head upside down, and "play the piano" with your fingers while smoothing down the back, front, and length of your hair to try to cover the areas with a light layer of product.

Then I coat the back canopy with product by sending both hands through the hair hanging down and smoothing on that section.

Then add more product to your hands and smooth on your length only (I kind of make a unicorn horn with my length and squish it all in and make one big clump.

Then put a little more product on your hands and grab a handful of hair with each fist, scrunch to your head, and then open and close 8 times (like you're squeezing a wet washcloth or poof to get the excess water out). So you're using both hands, and each hand has a different clump of hair. Then move to the next section (there's no rhyme or reason with how I do it- I just make sure I've done it all- twice!)

At this point your hair should be making squishy sounds.

After you've scrunched and pumped, flip your head up and gently place the individual clumps in a way where you want your part (a more jagged part looks better, in my opinion, and doesn't mess up the clumps.

Then you can either plop or scrunch with a towel.....whichever works for you.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip

Last edited by chloe92us; 06-23-2013 at 09:33 PM.