If you're struggling with being overconditioned you could probably do without the cowashing. There's tons of low-poos that are well liked:

SM poos (I would recommend Coconut/Hibiscus for fine hair; some like the Yucca. The Moisture Retention one may be a bit heavy)
Yes to Cucumbers
Giovanni poos
DermOrganics
Komaza Care
Free and Clear (good if you tend to be allergic/sensitive)
Renpure
Jessicurl
some like the CJ Gentle Cleansing

Look for low-poo reviews in the products tab of this page!

Everyone is going to react a little different so to a certain extent you won't know until you try. From personal experience: I love the SM Coconut/Hibiscus one. The Giovanni ones are good too my favorite being an older formulation of SaS. I tried the Free and Clear before passing it to my mom and that's a good option for people who may not be able to take 100 botanicals in their hair products. I've turned into a bit of a low-poo junkie so I'm going to pick up the DermOrganics one and YTcuckes.

The ones that were recommended to you are probably worth a shot. Besides staying away from sulfates and other harsh surfactants I also look for low poos that don't have c. betaine as the second ingredient... it's kind of harsh for me, but I can take it in lower concentration. Hope this helps!

What Makes a Cleansing Ingredient More Harsh or More Gentle?
2BC/f/II. fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: CeraVe Foaming as low-poo, gelatin gel

light moisture, hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646