She couldn't work while she had chemo so she didn't go back to work until fall 2012. She was teaching first grade at the time and it was simply too physical for her. Her oncologist was also worried about all those germy kids so he was opposed to her working at all.

I personally wouldn't worry about shaving my legs. You'll need help with that at first anyway because you probably won't be flexible enough to do it yourself.
Originally Posted by mrspoppers
First of all, I'm so sorry about your sisters. I'm sure that was very hard for your family. How are they all doing now? I'm fairly certain I won't be back at the beginning of the year. My chemo starts the 2nd week of August and won't be over until around Christmas. So I'm thinking if all goes well, I'll go back 2nd semester. I work in a PreK-grade 3 school and have totally thought about the snotty little munchkins...not a good combo for a depressed immune system

As to the 2nd bolded, I'm most worried about my underarms! I can't imagine having hairy underarms. I really just can't imagine it. You see, these are the trivial things I'm thinking about....silly, huh??
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)