[QUOTE=bobby;2185590]

D**o I don't mind. W*p, however, I despise. In my family, we were conditioned that D**o is not offensive but W*p is. As for Italians being oppressed, that was definitely true at one point. They certainly weren't looked upon highly when my parents and grandparents came to the States. As for discrimation today, there will always be such that divide themelves from certain cultures but in the case of Italians, I haven't noticed it enough to be an issue.
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
And in some African households, people are conditioned to believe n***er isn't a bad word. As for discrimination, I have friends who definitely suffer discrimination due to their Italian backgrounds. And it's a shame that so many negative stereotypes of Italians are depicted in the movies and in print, even to this day.

BTW, Korkscrew, you could pass for Italian.
That's not really "passing" in my mind LOL. Italians, like so many ethnic groups I get "confused" for, often have at least 1/4 African ancestry. You and your Italian kinfolk have strong Moorish ancestry (North African) Maybe the Moors have something to do w/those healthy curls you have?
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums