I'll have to read up more on it. But, for some reason, I've tried coconut and jojoba oils and they leave my hair frizzy and straw-like. Anything with protein or glycerin or amino acids make my hair go wild. I just have very stubborn hair.
Originally Posted by gee
You are unlikely to have hair any more 'special snowflake' than anyone else's, for most if not all of us choice of ingredient families and products is about balance. Did you try the oils straight up or as an ingredient? This frequently gives two very different effects; similarly bananas are healthy but you would not consider it a balanced diet to eat a meal of five bananas each day.

Amino acids don't behave the same as proteins, if you are identifying those as the issue you may be identifying the wrong culprit. Both hydrolysed protein and glycerin both have humectant properties, in the wrong dew points or not balanced out with the right other ingredients it's not uncommon for humectants to cause or increase frizz and/ or dryness.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 06-29-2013 at 08:04 PM.