Honestly, speaking from a sociological background, I think it's due to women being socialized to be "nice". We're taught to be self-effacing and demure, proper and ladylike. Submissive. Even when we know we're in the right. I think as result of this, many women go through life always "taking it" because they're afraid to speak up. Even about little things. And I think if we're ever to change that, guys, we've got to learn to speak up for ourselves. You're in the right here. I don't care what that stylist says. You're a member of naturallycurly.com. You probably know more than her. Once, when I didn't know how to manage my hair, I went to a stylist who "specialized" in curly hair, and at the very end of the session she attacked me with a whole can of hairspray. I went home looking like some chick out of a Van Halen video because I didn't speak up. I had to take a shower which was humiliating to say the least. Resolved then and there, "Never again." Oh and now that I know what I know, the next time I get a haircut I'm going to lay my cards on the table. No sulfates, no silicones, and--although it should really go without saying in 2013--definitely no hairspray. And if you take off more than desired well, watch out for my yelp review. The pen is mightier than the scissors, babe.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG