I meant with your complexion and gorgeous head of curls you could pass for Italian. Ciao, Bella.
Originally Posted by bobby
Thanks for complimenting my skin and curls Bobby. Like I said, I believe you are complimenting the outcome of an African-Caucasian mix

To my knowledge, I'm not aware of any Moorish ancestry and if I have it, it would be the generation before my grandparents. However, I very well could have it. Italians have definitely been depicted negatively in various movies. I just chose long ago not to let it bother me. Although, I was in a job interview one time and the guy interviewing me had an Italian last name. He made a reference to us sharing a commonality of being "Italian-American." I didn't say anything back but I thought, "Dude, enough of the hyphenation before the word American. Just call us 'American and be done with it."
Oh the hyphenation thing. That could turn into a whole other discussion LOL Usually the terms African-American, African-Asian and African-Italian, etc., are being used redundantly and in a way that allows mono-racially white American citizens to just tag themselves as just “American” w/out revealing what their ethnic background is.

Relavant to some black households teaching that the word n***er is not a bad word, well that's fine, just don't complain when someone else uses it. My view on the word D*** stems from the fact that when my dad was in the Air Force, he had the word tattooed on his upper arm. I guess that's why I just let it roll off my back when I hear it -- even from other nationalities. W**, however, I have been called -- and let's just say I fire back at the other person when I hear it.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...-my-album.html
Again, I think this works both ways. I've met too many Italians who use racially derogatory words for themselves (sentimentally or not) but freak out when others use those words around them. I'm pretty sure my Italian friends wouldn't care for me using those words, and that makes sense. I respect them too much to use it. Just like I respect my African peeps (and myself) too much to ever use n****r. Meanwhile, I'm sorry to hear someone has called you any of those names. That's just crappy.

Oh @Korkscrew how I love how you broke this down! everything you said was exactly what i was thinking. I don't use the word on my vocabulary because i find the word disrespectful and offensive. I hate of this double-standard some blacks have created in their minds "we can say it ya'll can't" mentality. The n word or any racial slur shouldn't be use because the are used as insults to one heritage/ethnicity. Hopefully people will stop being ignorant to certain things.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Amazinnatural
Thanks hon. I too hope people will think more about these things. I think a lot of people from different backgrounds do it, so I'm glad you made that distinction here
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums

Last edited by Korkscrew; 06-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.