Thread: Start Here!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #891
nickeyelysse

Hello everyone. My name is Nickey. I learned about the curly girl method this January. I'd been natural all my life except for a handful of relaxers I got when I was old enough to not care what my family thought about it. I haven't had one in over a year, and they never really worked for me anyway.
I am a 3b. I never knew how to take care of my hair. Everyone said I had good hair, but I thought it was a curly frizzy mess and a heavy pain in the butt. I've been wearing it shorter since I was 18.
Since slowly starting the CG method I've learned to love my hair and realize that it is beautiful and healthy.

I still have not gotten off the poo yet. Mostly because I still have a huge bottle of it left. I'm a wash and goer through sheer lazyness thought I've tried a braid out with awkward results a few months ago.

I usually just wet my hair in the shower, maybe rub some conditioner in it if it's feeling very dry. Then let it air dry. Sometimes I use Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie, which is so far the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. I'm even off the gel now.

Nice to meet you all. (I talk too much)
nickeyelysse is offline   Reply With Quote