View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
anonymous_133347

Well, that's definitely bad sign. If you walked in just for a cut and some styling with no plans to dye your hair and she talked you into it, well, that's a bad stylist. If someone is lucky enough to be happy with their natural haircolor then you should leave them be. Also, while I love red hair, I also have a distaste for those brassy orange tones you're talking about. They usually result when women without the correct pigmentation try to go blond, and you specified right off the bad you didn't want "golden" so I don't know what she did there. Also a good stylist should be able to identify right off the bat whether or not your hair is capable of achieving a certain color. For instance, friend has red undertones and every time she's tried to go lighter she wound up with brass. She kept trying until one day a new stylist told her that she simply wouldn't be able to achieve blond highlights, no matter what they used. That's an honest colorist right there.

Anyways, that might not be the case for you. She just plain could've botched it and used the wrong toner. Whether or not your hair will be able to take dye sooner rather than later, well, that has to do with the individual and the condition of their hair. My aunt once hopped from salon to salon, dying and bleaching her hair 4x in a one month. At the end of it she was telling the stylist this was her fourth time in as many weeks and all the girls at the salon gathered around her, in awe that her hair hadn't fallen out and looked as healthy as it did.

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote