When I sleep in the GVP I put it in dry- I can't sleep in wet hair! It dries and turns kinda crunchy within an hour or less, then i rinse it out in the morning. I guess I was confused- I saw that many people on here recommended it as a deep treatment. I used to use my YTC and it worked ok, but my hair seemed much softer after using the GVP. Is the Tresemme or Too Shea better? No clue what an occlusive is!! My dews are usually around 50 and the frizz forecast suggests humectants. I love mixing honey with my conditioner- it makes my waves much more uniform and curlier. I'm not sure how emollients fit in, or even what they do!

I did do two protein treatments a month apart when I first started CG and I feel like I'm still trying to recover. My hair was incredibly rough feeling- definitely straw like. It was a mess! No curl, just poofy and rough. I'm very hesitant to try it again, but I like the idea of just putting it on the ends. They may still be damaged so that may help. I even noticed that my hair was rough if I just used styling products with protein in them and cut them out completely while trying to deep condition as much as possible. I guess I'm missing what will really penetrate the hair shaft to moisturize! Sigh.
2C normal/high porosity?, medium/coarse texture, lower density
Cleanse: Pura D'Or every week or two, Yes to Cukes
Conditioner: VO5 Kiwi Lime (LOVE!), Tresemme Naturals, YTC
DT: GVP Conditioning Balm w/ coconut oil
LI: a touch of JCTS
Products: my HG is Tresemme Bouncy Curls Defining Gel mixed with a touch of BRHG over a little flax seed gel, SM Souflee/Milk for 2nd day hair, occasionally Bioterra Curling Creme and Gel
Modified CG since November 2012- finally found what works!