View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #17
CurlyInTheFog

I think you may just be putting too many heavy products in your hair. It's easy to overdo things when you're first starting out. I'd look into using a lighter CO conditioner--try Suave or VO5 first, because they're cheap and very popular. I use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle most of the time, and sometimes Tresemme Naturals Moisture if I feel like my hair needs it. Then I would experiment with an actual gel product rather than a cream gel. I love SM products, but the smoothie and souffle were much too heavy for my fine/medium 3a curls (Botticelli). You could try LA Looks Sport, which is cheap. I'm using KCCC (Kinky Curly Curling Custard) mixed with a little BRHG (Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee) for better hold, and had amazing curls yesterday and great second day hair today. I need the extra hold because we get so much wind here, but you may not.

The other thing is that it takes a while to learn technique. How much to use, how to use it, when to use it. Don't try too many different things at once, and note what works and what doesn't. I've been working on CG for almost two months and yesterday was the first time I got really good hair (bearing in mind that I had a curly cut a few weeks ago, and the stylist showed me what to do, lol). Everyone's hair is different, so you have to figure out what will work best for you.

3a/b, fine, normal porosity/elasticity, high density

Conditioner wash and style, sometimes with a dab of BRHG.
CurlyInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote