Okay, I'm trying to digest about the occlusives and emollients so I can figure out a new product to help. For tonight, would an application of EV coconut oil help?

Thank you for the assistance. How does anybody ever manage this without a science background?? Is curly only for chemists??
Originally Posted by ButterCurl
Depends on hair properties, coconut oil is great for porous or damaged hair. Might try with a 'lighter' treatment than straight up oil, add some melted oil to a simple conditioner like Suave Naturals, V05, Tresemme Naturals or Inecto and use that. If your hair likes it try a straight oil treatment. Again seek that balance with your ingredients don't leap from one extreme to the other.

I am a biologist not a chemist in fact the only exam I ever failed was my chemistry GCSE age 16! Mostly I know what I know through taking the time out to read, read and read some more. There are some excellent articles, blogs and vlogs by people with a science background aimed at the layman. Check out Tonya McKay's 'curl chemist' articles here on Naturallycurly, the Natural Haven and Swiftcraftymonkey blogs, 'Science of Black Hair' channel and some of Kimmaytube's vlogs both on YouTube. People also use the advanced search function here on CurlTalk or just generally read a lot of threads.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Last edited by Firefox7275; 07-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.