View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
Firefox7275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCurl View Post
Okay, I'm trying to digest about the occlusives and emollients so I can figure out a new product to help. For tonight, would an application of EV coconut oil help?

Thank you for the assistance. How does anybody ever manage this without a science background?? Is curly only for chemists??
Depends on hair properties, coconut oil is great for porous or damaged hair. Might try with a 'lighter' treatment than straight up oil, add some melted oil to a simple conditioner like Suave Naturals, V05, Tresemme Naturals or Inecto and use that. If your hair likes it try a straight oil treatment. Again seek that balance with your ingredients don't leap from one extreme to the other.

I am a biologist not a chemist in fact the only exam I ever failed was my chemistry GCSE age 16! Mostly I know what I know through taking the time out to read, read and read some more. There are some excellent articles, blogs and vlogs by people with a science background aimed at the layman. Check out Tonya McKay's 'curl chemist' articles here on Naturallycurly, the Natural Haven and Swiftcraftymonkey blogs, 'Science of Black Hair' channel and some of Kimmaytube's vlogs both on YouTube. People also use the advanced search function here on CurlTalk or just generally read a lot of threads.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics

Last edited by Firefox7275; 07-03-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote