View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Corrina777

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavydaze View Post
Corrina, what are your non-CG faves?
CHS Treatment Shampoo (which I find less drying than many sulfate-free shampoos, probably because it's packed with protein and pH balanced)
Ouidad Climate Control Gel- this stuff kept my hair frizz-free on a week-long cruise to the Bahamas. Enough said
MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream- this is more of a low dew point product for me, layered under a hard hold gel.
TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier- this product does technically contain silicones, but only cyclo-cones, which evaporate off of the hair during the drying process, so it can be used with co-washing regimen. But CG purists do consider non-CG. I layer this under TIGI Curlesque Strong Mousse (water-soluble cones only), and get amazing results. My best hair day ever was using these two products.
I've also been getting good results with MoroccanOil Light formula oil. Haven't played with it enough to call it HG, but so far, so good. And I'm still debating AG Fast Food LI- I really like it, but not sure I would use it enough to re-purchase because I normally just leave in some of my RO.
I have to also note that I have higher standards for non-CG products in terms of whether or not it's worth re-purchasing. I will re-purchase CG-friendly products that give me at least 6 out of 10 level results. Non-CG products need to be at least 8 out of 10 for re-purchase because of the extra thought I have to put in to make sure I avoid buildup and maintain moisture. In general, I find that I do well with cones in styling products (including LI), but my hair generally doesn't like cones in cleansers or RO conditioners, even the more widely tolerated amodimethicone (trying one more conditioner because I'm a horrible PJ).

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote