I don't know if you would consider using a cone. I wouldn't necessarily advise it right now as you're trying out CG. If you like CG but find that you're using a sulphate free shampoo with a decent cleanser like coco betaine in occasionaly, then you could try a light spray leave in with amodimethicone. It will weigh you down less than some heavier conditioning ingredients but still help with tangles etc. I had one from TKMaxx (only time I've seen it in a Uk shop but if you're in the US you can probably get it) - the Michael di Cesare Thicken range- leave in with copper peptide. It is really light and does give some appearance of thickening. The Aussie leave in in the Uk has amodimethicone as the only cone so you could look at the US version too and see if it is similar. Those are just an idea for if you decide to 'modify' a bit later down the line. The advantage of needing the odd shampoo (non sulphate ideally) is that you can get away with the odd lightweight cone. Just wanted to mention those, but keep going with all the good advice you've had.
UK based wavy

Mostly waves, but curls and straight bits too!
Fine to medium, high porosity, medium density, very low elasticity
Highlights damage (growing it out), seems to like protein and need lots of moisture.

Cleanse - CJDF, trying out low poos ; Co wash- Uk chemist brands, Urtekram Rose or Aloe, Hairveda Amala Cream Rinse; RO - varies, Tigi Moisture Maniac, Desert Essence Coconut ; Leave in - Keracare natural textures; Sealant - argan oil
Trying out new things, still looking.