I think u are right, maybe I should just get a no-poo or I will have to experiment a lot more with the DTs.

In the link u sent, Firefox, it says that hydrolyzed or at least small proteins is what u need to get the effect u want of absorbing or adsorbing. And wheat protein is too large to be useful. But in the book "live curly live free" it says that hydrolyzed and animal based are "stronger" types and that wheat and soy are "weaker" and choosing between these types should be done based on hair type.

Btw, I actually have the leave in conditioner mousse from the gliss volume series. Its got lots of hydrolyzed proteins too but also 3(I think) polyquats.
Originally Posted by littleschemer
Can't easily comment without reading the book because you have paraphrased. Is the wording directly contradictory? What are the scientific references used by LCLF?
Studies on penetration of hydrolysed wheat
The use of radiolabelling techniques to mea... [Int J Cosmet Sci. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI
http://journal.scconline.org/pdf/cc2...193-p00203.pdf

The Natural Haven blog refers to textbooks and published studies so, as a fellow scientist and in the absence of any contradictory research, I'll plump for that. It also fits in with what is known about fatty acids penetrating or not based on size. 'Curl chemist' Tonya McKay's take on it
Proteins: Why You Should Care
Another science based opinion, which brings both 'sides' together somewhat
Revisiting the Idea of Protein Overload | Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Styles and Natural Hair Care
More from Natural Haven
THE NATURAL HAVEN: Moisture Issue: Proteins and moisture levels!

I haven't seen the Gliss mousse but will look out for it, thanks!
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect