Thanks for the reply!

I actually live in a drier climate--not too humid. Our dewpoint generally does not get higer than mid-50s or so, with some exceptions. My hair is definitely reacive to humidity (you should see it when we travel to the beach...agh!) Does glycerin make frizz worse?

I'd say my hair has high porosity--it definitely seems dry and I do highlight with bleach. I also use a lot of gel to get the look I like, so that may affect things too. Up until now, I've always used Pantene Curl S and C.

Do you think I should start out trying a cowash? Or should I go straight to a low-poo option?
Originally Posted by crofterica
It doesn't sound like you need to worry about glycerin, then. My dews hover in the 70's for much of the year, and yes glycerin makes my hair friiiizzzzy.

After your last sulphate shampoo wash, it's really up to you to decide to poo or not to poo. I decided not to strictly cowash, but the further I get in my hair journey, the less I feel I actually have to shampoo. It is still perfectly "CG" to use a sulphate- free cleanser. If you want to dive in with both feet, try cowashing for a couple weeks and see how you like it. You'll know at that point if you need to poo or not.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip

Last edited by chloe92us; 07-06-2013 at 07:34 PM.