View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Firefox7275

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlicarly View Post
These days I've been conditioning with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (mostly because it's cheap and I use so much.) I use handfuls on handfuls on handfuls of conditioner. -I know it has cones in it. I tried to go completely silicone free a few years back, but I actually missed the slip/fake hydration that cones gave me.
I partially rinse the conditioner out, scrunch out some water with a t-shirt, seal with coconut oil and then HESMU gel on top.

I'm actually not sure about my porosity, because it seems to absorb everything I throw at it, but then it takes days to dry. Could I really mix oil and gel together?
Agree with Jessiebanana build up could be one issue, handfuls of a lightweight yet coney conditioner doesn't work with conditioner only washing. That is surely not your full routine, are you using a leave in conditioner, deep conditioning and protein treating?

The build up could also be slowing your hair drying, your routine seems focussed on occlusives/ sealants (coconut oil and silicones), it's not clear that this is balanced with emollients, humectants or protein. Silicones do not aid clumping they can increase frizz or cause stringy hair in excess.

It's up to you whether you use silicones or not, but it seems to me your modified routine is not giving you the hair you seek. For slip use products at pH ~4.5, conditioners containing a behentrimonium high in the ingredients, aloe vera juice if your dew points permit, for clumping plenty of fatty alcohol rich conditioner.

DIY Ecostyler custard, no reason why you cannot make it with other gels
Eco Styler Olive Oil Custard - YouTube
You can also make your own leave in with Kinky Curly Knot Today (Kimmaytube's recipe) which is notorious for slip/ detangling.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut
Treatments: Komaza Matani, coconut oil, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss ultimate volume, Inecto argan
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Experimenting with: going back to basics
Firefox7275 is offline   Reply With Quote