I never tired CD, but I just looked at some of the ingredients in one of the conditioners and it seems that they use silicones- not sure if they are water soluble or not. SM, does not contain any silicones in any of their products; however, I noticed a lot of their products really act as more sealants than moisturizers since they mostly contain shea butter.

CD seems expensive- and if it is going to contain silicones (water soluble or not) it shouldn't be that expensive IMO. You can find other products, not even just SM, that don't contain harsh ingredients, but actual nourishing ingredients for cheaper. I am all about being cost effective (who isn't right?) but I used to buy whatever seemed expensive- because I figured the more expensive, the better. No, not true at all I have learned!
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
I agree. I think the Internet has made a huge difference in perception of products. I used to always buy dept store cosmetics and skin care. Now I go to websites like Paula's Choice and Makeupalley and here to NC and find great products for drug store prices.
thanks for the response
Originally Posted by sdkitty
Oh I <3 Makeupalley, but you'll pry my Dior Quints from my cold dead fingers.